Not sure where to start? Well, what do you want to learn about?
Visit the LAUNCH section to learn about the importance of self-determination and self-advocacy
Visit the LEARN section if you are leaving high school and want to learn more about college and training programs, including the following topics:
- Your keys to success in post-secondary education
- Your rights and responsibilities, and the college’s or university’s rights and responsibilities
- The type of documentation you will need for disability services
- The role of the Disability Student Support Service
- The Individualized Education Plan (IEP)
- How the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA) and Section 504 affect you (comparison guide)
- The Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and how it will affect you in college
Visit the WORK section if you are leaving high school, entering the workforce, and want to know more about the following:
- The importance of self-advocacy in the workplace
- Self-disclosure of your disability in the workplace
- The Americans with Disability Act (ADA) and employment
- What is a reasonable accommodation?
- What is an essential job function?
- How self-disclosure works
- “The 3 If’s” of self-disclosure
- Self-disclosure basic rules
Visit the COMMUNITY section if you want to know more about getting involved in your community and finding public transportation.
Visit the RESOURCES section if you are looking for links to more answers and help.